Never store food items in your unit! They attract bugs and mice and other unwanted guests.
1. Make sure you leave walkways throughout your space.
2. Keep items you need to access toward the front of the unit.
3. Use high-quality boxes and containers so you can stack.
4. Always stack light items on top of heavy items.
5. Store furniture, such as sofas, on end to save space.
6. Label each box on the outside clearly showing what is contained in the box.
7. Store small and important items in drawers or a safe place.
8. Wrap mirrors and picture frames in newspaper or bubble wrap.
9. Do not stack sharp or very heavy items on top of cushioned furniture.
10. Wrap upholstered furniture and mattresses in plastic.
11. Wrap dishes in newspaper or bubble wrap and use strong cardboard boxes.
12. Keep a complete inventory of the items in your storage unit somewhere easily accessible.